1864 Federal Bridge
SOURCE: National Archives
The source image is in the public domain. All metadata may be used with attribution under the CC-BY License Creative Commons License

Union Troops built a wooden bridge across the Tennessee River utilizing green timber from the area now called North Chattanooga.
It would be swept away during the devestating flood of 1867.

Points of Interest

waterworks

The Union Army built a waterworks that piped water into town via a reservoir on the side of Cameron Hill.

Cameron Hill

A view of the original Cameron Hill overlooking Chattanooga. Now home to the massive Blue Cross/Blue Shield offices, the hilltop was 'lopped off' for fill during Interstate-24's construction and was home to the very '70s styled - Cameron Hill Apartments.

animation

In some photo collections, multiple exposures can be found from the same location, bringing to life the movements of those caught in the field of view.


Your comments and input are welcomed.
No registration is required to post comments, however all must be approved by the site administrator before appearing here.

CONTACT US

comments powered by Disqus
Image Gallery
Photographers

Technology

Contact