1915 - Signal Mountain Streetcar

2014 view


Signal Mountain streetcar no. 14 of the Chattanooga Traction Company running along side of a rock face at James Point on Walden's Ridge. Three unidentified conductors are on the streetcar and an automobile with two unidentified men are on the road beside the tracks.

SOURCE: Chattanooga Public Library - Paul A. Hiener Collection
The source image is in the public domain. All metadata may be used with attribution under the CC-BY License  Creative Commons License DEEPZOOMCHATTANOOGA.COM


It started with a gleam in a developer's eye...

The Town of Signal Mountain originated with the purchase of 4,400 acres of land in the Signal Point area by an enterprising developer, Charles E. James. To enable public access to his mountaintop development, The Signal Mountain Inn, Mr. James opened what would be the last major streetcar line to be constructed in the Chattanooga area; the Signal Mountain Line of the Chattanooga Traction Company. The above view is now TN Highway 127, the major route that carries thousands of residents on and off the mountain daily.

Read more about Signal Mountain HERE.

James Point - Looking Towards Brady's Point

Brady's Point - Looking towards James Point


Your comments and input are welcomed.
No registration is required to post comments, however all must be approved by the site administrator before appearing here.

CONTACT US

comments powered by Disqus
Image Gallery
Photographers

Technology

Contact